If it works, it works damn well!

(25. August 2018) Mansi is a very dear ex-colleague of mine from work, a lady who was born in India, but who has been in Germany now for quite a while.I don't know what I did to deserve being invited to her summer-BBQ-party, but I was and I happily obliged. The party was a blast! Neighbours, people she knew from university, friends, her brother and his wife from Chennai, half of the gang Indians, the other half Germans: A little bit of everything and everyone was very open and very willing to have a chat! The time just flew by, the discussions went from one topic to the next, half of it in German, the other half in English - my Hindi is a bit rusty, you know ...
Mansi knew "in theory" that I do magic, but had never seen me perform, so I thought, I'd surprise her and a little into the evening, I set up my close-up mat and started to do some magic. It went like a breeze! All the nice people laughed and applauded and screamed over one another how they think "the stuff" was done (all explanations totally wrong, thank heavens ...) and quite a bit of fun was being had, shall we say.
I do a few things with ropes but mainly card stuff: I added a bell that you normally find on the counter-top of hotels to call for assistance to my ACR, declaring that ringing the bell is what makes "the magic happen". Initially I had wanted to try that in table hopping, hoping that the constant ringing would make people curious across the room, but now I find that it is generally working very well.
This was the first time I did a complete performance in English and that went quite nicely, too: All the jokes, all the playing with the language translated into English without a problem, all that "playing it rough" with the audience was no problem at all. You wouldn't believe how funny it is to call a Hindu-shuffle just that in a group which has some Indians in it, that was just hilarious!

P.S.: My apologies for using so many exclamation marks in this post, but it was just really impressive for me. Next post, I go back to a more balanced use of punctuation marks, I promise.